we love china!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Joy in the Midst of Exhaustion

So, we're just concluding homeschooling week 2.  I love it, Halle likes it, but still asks to go back to regular school sometimes.  Oh my heart.  In the midst of that, our school is moving.  It's a good thing.  God is moving in this area, our school is growing!  More opportunities to share His truth with more kids.  However, there's grieving going on.  In my heart, in my kid's hearts, in my husband's heart.  We have been at the same location for 6 years.  This school is all our kids have ever known.  True, the teachers are all moving to the new school, the students are moving to the new school, many of the classroom décor is moving to the new school, but the actual building is not.  It's silly, it's just a place, but a place that holds so many memories.  We know He is calling us to a new place, a better place, just like when the Israelites were called to leave Egypt, and yet my heart is resistant, even fearful.  I want to stay, for things to not change, even if the change is for the better.  And yet, deep down, I want to be in the middle of the great work He is doing.  I know in just a few weeks, I'll be excited about our new school and making new memories in new places, but until that point there is a lot of grieving.  It's hard to pack up classrooms because things won't look the same in the new place and yet it must be done.  Trust is what must happen next.  Trust that even though I'm hurting He is leading us to His next work and it will be good!  Today a group of us friends got together to pray.  I confessed my resistance to change.  I confessed that as much as I'm excited about the new school, I'll miss the old, but I cannot be two places at once.  The tears came, in a flood actually.  He must've known how my heart is struggling because in my email this morning was the sweet, final update of our son Hudson.  How I needed this! The next update will be with our OWN camera and with our OWN words.  He will be Hudson Paul Yost and we will make new memories with him in our new places and it will be exciting.  Change is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment